3/1/11

BIG READ, Alhambra Public Library, Feb, 2010


Alhambra Library ... I was invited to be part of the week's activities for the BIG READ event that included a variety of activites related more or less to Amy Tan's Joy Luck Club, the featured book that patrons were reading in conjunction with Chinese New Year.  I spoke about my books dealing with the Chinese American experience in the American South, "Southern Fried Rice," and "Chopsticks in the Land of Cotton."  This invitation was a chance event insofar as I had originally inquired whether the library might add my books to their collection.  By good fortune, they were planning activities for the BIG READ, and a librarian felt there would be a 'connection' between the topics of my book and those discussed in Joy Luck Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me