About Me

After a career of over 40 years as an academic psychologist, I started a new career as a public historian of Chinese American history that led to five Yin & Yang Press books and over 100 book talks about the lives of early Chinese immigrants and their families operating laundries, restaurants, and grocery stores. This blog contains more research of interest to supplement my books.

1/4/11

Chinese American Museum of Chicago, April 2008

I was in town to attend the Asian American Studies Conference the day prior to my presentation on Chinese Laundries at the Chinatown Museum. I met several of the Board members at the conference and they took me to a wonderful dinner in Chinatown that evening; the next morning I was treated to a delicious dim sum lunch. All this hospitality, and I hadn't even given my talk yet!

(more later)

1 comment: